Garmin is one of the pioneers in the wearables market which has shipped over 20 million wearables till date. With their sleek design, sporty looks and GPS capabilities, Garmin has managed to produce some of the best innovate products in the wearables segment and one of them being Garmin Fitness Trackers.
In this guide, we’ll share the reasons why the Garmin fitness trackers are the best and also explore some of the best models and their features. Let’s jump in without waiting any further!
What makes Garmin fitness trackers the best?
Well, Garmin has been shipping the top-notch GPS navigation products from the last three decades. It was founded in 1989 and its headquarters is located in the USA. It’s incorporated in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Many Garmin products are used in automotive, aviation and marine industries.
Coming to the fitness trackers, Garmin is one of the first brands to produce a fitness tracker with inspiring design. It’s recognized all over the world as one of the superior brands because of the impeccable quality, reliability and cutting-edge design and technology.
Here are some of the reasons that set Garmin apart from other fitness tracker brands like Fitbit, iHealth, Letscom etc.
- Best Quality
Quality is super-important, especially for wearable products. Garmin has been recognized and appreciated for their usage of high-grade materials which stands the time and beating. Garmin fitness trackers are designed and built to sustain everyday usage and are durable even in rough terrains and extreme weather conditions.
Some brands ship the wearable products with too much sportive looks that are targetted for youth and teenagers. Garmin hits the right chord when it comes to versatility. The classiness in the design makes them the best fitness trackers for people of all ages.
The subtle design elements in the design add that elegant touch and style for all ages. Some models from Garmin have a sportive look and some look a bit traditional.
As mentioned earlier, Garmin has been delivering some of the finest GPS products from decades. Most fitness trackers are not equipped with GPS. But, it is GPS that makes readings more accurate. If you are thinking of buying a fitness tracker that is equipped with top-notch GPS technology, Garmin is probably the right fit for you!
Best Garmin Fitness Trackers
Though Garmin Vivosport is a small fitness tracker when compared to the likes of Samsung Gear and Fitbit, it is as credible as a bulky runner’s watch. Lots of cutting-edge technology is incorporated into this small fitness tracker. It has a heart rate sensor, GPS and HR tracker and altimeter.
The GPS system is as accurate as the Apple watch series. It has all the fitness activity tracking features that we expect from a fitness band. The sleek color display looks cool and certainly the right fit for anyone who is looking for a minimal wrist fitness band.
Garmin Vivosport looks a bit dull when compared to the other sportive models in the market. It has a small rectangle screen which may not look flamboyant. Though it lacks to make a mark on your fashion statement, it’s definitely one of the best fitness trackers from Gramin.
- The in-built GPS systems that accurately track your running, cycling and walking sessions.
- Vivosport is equipped with a stress tracker that figures out your stress levels based on your pulse rate and other factors.
- VO2 Max estimates how far you can push while you are running. This feature is only available in the expensive fitness trackers at the moment.
- Vivosport has excellent battery life and runs 7 days on the normal mode and 8 hours when the GPS is active. It just takes 1.5 hours to charge it fully.
- It tracks sleep time, calories burned, floors climbed and your steps. The gym mode tracks the sets, reps and heart rate when you are lifting the weights.
- It’s waterproof and works perfectly up to 50 meters depth of water.
- Though it has a certified waterproofing, it offers no swim modes.
- It fails to track all the gym workouts. For instance, if you are doing any workouts which do not involve wrist, it fails to calculate or track the reps and movement.
- It may not be appealing to youth as it lacks the sportive looks.
2. Garmin Vivoactive 3
Garmin Vivoactive 3 is probably the perfect fitness tracker that is suitable for all kinds of fitness enthusiasts. The heart rate sensor and in-built GPS tracker makes it one of the best smartwatches in the market.
It has a long list of features – an accelerometer that tracks steps and indoor workouts, a sleep tracker that monitors your sleep patterns, the heart-rate wrist monitor that computes the variations in the heart rate and finds the stress levels and the Garmin pay system allows the user to make payments using pay pass technology.
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 looks quite stylish. It comes in black and silver, all black and all white accents.
- The one-button interface makes it one of the easy to use smartwatches in the market.
- It runs 13 hours when you use GPS continuously. It runs 7 days 24/7 in the smartwatch mode.
- The all-new Garmin Pay allows the users to make contactless payments. One need not carry phones to make the payments at the store.
- The Garmin Vivoactiv 3 has 15 in-built apps that track a wide range of fitness activities like biking, treadmill, yoga, cardio, stair stepper, elliptical etc.
- The 30.4 mm diameter screen is super-vibrant and it’s easy to read in sunlight.
- There is no in-built music storage which is disappointing. Other brands like Motorola, Samsung etc provide music libraries.
Note: If you want to have music features in your fitness tracker, go for Vivoactiv 3 Music. Vivoactiv 3 Music is similar to Vivoactiv 3, but it has additional music features.
3. Garmin Forerunner 935
The Forerunner series is specially meant for road runners and triathletes who would like to track their every step.
They are designed to precisely calculate the speed, distance, time, altitude, heart rate and many other things which are crucial for athletes in training.
If you are not just a fitness enthusiast but an athlete, a fitness watch from Garmin’s Forerunner series can be the right choice for you.
All the models in Forerunner series are lightweight, equipped with GPS and a comfy wrist strip that absorbs your sweat.
Forerunner 935 is the expensive model in the Forerunner series. But it’s worth the money as it’s an incredible smartwatch and a reliable fitness tracker.
- Extraordinary battery life that compliments marathons and other endurance events.
- 24/7 heart rate monitor.
- Multi-activity monitoring that tracks swim, golf, cycle, run and other activities.
- An in-built backlit which helps a lot if you like workout during nights.
- Automatic pausing feature if you stop in the middle of the workout.
- Most of the things in this watch are customizable.
- Notifications are easy to read.
- It’s expensive.
- The screen is bright but not large enough for some people.
- HR monitor works only when you put on an HR strap when you are swimming.
4. Garmin Approach X40
Are you looking for a fitness tracker with a style quotient? Garmin’s Approach series is super-stylish with multisport activity tracking features, smart notifications etc. Among all the models in Approach series Approach X40 seems to strike the right balance between the cost and features.
Though Garmin Approach X40 has got everything that appeals to fitness enthusiasts, it has got special golf features making it one of the best trackers for golfers.
Using the powerful GPS functionality, it precisely measures the distances to the back, front and middle of the ground. Overall, Garmin Approach X40 is one of the best smartwatches for the fitness junkies and it’s the perfect choice for golfers.
- Auto shot detection works like a charm.
- It has all the tracking features expected by any fitness junkie.
- Excellent battery life.
- The compact design makes it look stylish on the wrists.
- Best fitness tracker for the golfers.
- There is no colour screen.
- It is expensive.
- The shot distance calculator.
- The shot distance calculator seems to be glitzy at times.
5. Garmin Fenix 5/5S/5X
There are over 14 variants in the Garmin’s Fenix 5 series. The Fenix 5 is very similar to the previous Fenix 3. It comes in 3 variants.
The Fenix 5S has all the functionalities that are in Fenix 5, but with a compact build. Fenix 5s is specially designed for female users. It is available in 6 variations.
The Fenix 5X has got preloaded navigation apps and TOPO maps which are quite helpful. It is larger than Fenix 5 and it is available in only 2 variants. Garmin Fenix 5 series is equipped with Ultratac battery that provides an improved battery life.
- Blazing fast connection speeds.
- Available in different colours.
- Awesome battery life because of the new Ultratac battery
- Swimmers can connect HRM strap to it.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Screen resolution is not great especially considering its price.
- According to some online reviews, it has got problems connecting with the iPhones.
Garmin fitness trackers are for anyone who is serious about tracking their athletic activities. Apart from the ones that are mentioned in this list, there are a few more fitness trackers from this iconic brand. The Garmin Fenix series are built to handle the bumpiness that occurs during the outdoor and indoor sports.
If you are someone who would love to have plenty of tracking options in your fitness tracker, Forerunner series is the best choice for you. VivoKid Jr. 2 is the fitness tracker for kids that encourages them to participate in athletic challenges.
Garmin is a quality brand which has been delivering some top-notch products for decades. We hope that our brief guide to Garmin fitness trackers has helped you in making the right choice. Please let us know the model you have chosen and your reasons for it in the comments below.